MENU

Thursday, March 26, 2015

28 Weeks?!

I could swear I was just writing about how fast 19 weeks had come along, and now we're already at 28?!  Time is going so, so, so, SO fast!  In just 12(ish) weeks (hopefully 10?) our little baby will be here!  That's such a crazy thought.  I think the biggest thing that freaks me out is how permanent of a change it will be.  Which, I know sounds a bit weird.  But seriously, we are going to be responsible for a little human.  And then more little humans will come along, and probably for the next 30 years my job is to take care of these children and teach them to be kind, polite, productive, influential members of society.  No pressure or anything!  Anyways, here's a few updates on little baby Steedo!

How far along are you: 28 weeks, 2 days

Baby is: roughly 16 inches long and 2.5 pounds! About the size of a coconut.

Weight gain: 15ish pounds

Movement: this little babe is a moving machine!  I get lots of nice little love punches when I'm trying to get to sleep, or as a wake up call first thing in the morning.  Preparing me for future sleep deprivation I guess.

Maternity clothes: you betcha!  I had a bit of a breakdown and had to go for a little shopping spree.  I mean, how was I supposed to have the pregnancy glow if I was always depressed about nothing fitting?  haha.  But in all reality, a few maternity dresses and some shirts with room to grow was all I needed.  I've never really been one for the jersey knit shirts or real form fitting tops, but that's all changed with this ever growing belly!

Stretch marks: none.  (fingers crossed!)

Sleep: is definitely getting more difficult.  My body pillow is too bulky but I think I've mastered a comfortable position with one pillow between my knees, one under my belly that I can also bear hug, and a couple pillows under my head.  Breathing is also becoming more of a challenge, which I didn't expect this early on!

Favorite moment of the week: Getting a pregnancy massage.  I could definitely go for one of those more often!

Feeling: like I'm slowing down big time.  Second trimester was a dream, I just wish my energy would stick around for another month or two!

Working on: getting my house clean and organized before I head back to Canada in a month!  I just feel like I want everything set up before we go, so I'm just trying to figure out where to put everything.

Nursery: Nursery/office you mean?  Well we've got a bassinet and a few other baby things, so its coming along!  Brandon's favorite touch is the kangaroo skin that he's put in the bassinet.  You know, to keep the baby warm at night.

Currently craving: No real cravings still.  But I do go through a LOT of Nutella...

Wishing: not really wishing for anything I guess.  Things are going along perfectly and I couldn't ask for anything more than that!

Anticipating: labor.  haha.  I just wonder how I'm going to handle it!  I've never really experienced true pain before so I don't even know if I have a high pain tolerance or not.  But I'm hoping to do as much as I can on my own so we'll see how it goes I guess!

 photo amy_zpsa89341cb.png

1 comment :

  1. yay! so happy to read your update! gives me a little glimpse into my next couple of weeks :)

    ReplyDelete