MENU

Friday, January 10, 2014

2014

Its crazy to me that another year has gone by already!  It seems like just yesterday that I was dropping Brandon off at the airport to come back to Australia, while I (im)patiently waited for an email telling me my visa was approved.  And so much has happened since then!  One day I'll catch up on blogging about it all...maybe.

I've always loved New Years Resolutions.  Not that I'm great at making or keeping them, but I love to reflect on the past year and set a few goals to improve myself.  And I've noticed that I'm really good at setting big elaborate goals, and not so good at keeping them.  So this year, I'm just going for improvement.  Perfection will come one day, but for now, all I need is a step in the right direction.

My 2014:

Read more.  This has always been a struggle for me.  I blame my ADD for not being able to sit for more than 10 minutes without getting up and doing something else.  But I really do love it when I actually sit down and read!  The last few books I've read have been great, and I'm always looking for suggestions!

Detach myself from technology/social media.  I don't even want to know how many hours of my life I have wasted scrolling through Facebook feeds.  Don't get me wrong, its a wonderful way to keep up on everybody's lives, especially when we live so far away, but I know I can cut WAY back.

Get back in shape.  Not because I feel like I need to lose a few pounds (although I probably do) or get a six pack and a thigh gap, but because I know how good I feel when I exercise regularly.  Those endorphins can do wonders I tell ya!

Have productive mornings.  I've always said how much I would love to get up early, eat a good breakfast, exercise, have a good half hour scripture study sitting at a table, and be showered and ready for the day by 8 or 9.  Its time to make that my reality instead of my current roll out of bed at 9 and lounge around half the day.

Document our life more.  Starting with making our wedding album and a 2013 photo book.  Blog more.  Play around with video.  Take more pictures of us. 

Explore.  We've seen some incredible places around Australia, but I've got a lengthy list of more places to discover!

There are plenty more things I'd like to do, but I think that's a good start!

2 comments :

  1. I love your thoughts. Best not to get over whelmed. I'm excited to blogs some too. Why didn't I get you to show me how again? Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun uplifting blog you have here! So fun- love all the adventures you have accomplished- nice lady.. nice indeed:)

    ReplyDelete