MENU

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Skydiving!!

So I wouldn't normally blog while I'm on vacation in Hawaii, but I was just too excited about this not to. Number 20 is crossed off the list: Go skydiving!!

Jessica's Christmas present to Blake was skydiving and she had no desire whatsoever to join him, so I thought I'd do him a favor and keep him some company (I almost decided not to because I'm supposed to be saving money and paying off student loans, but when I mentioned that to my family and not one of them backed me up, I decided to splurge)

We went up to Skydive Hawaii on the North Western tip of Oahu (and yes, I decided to sport my Canada hoodie for the occasion)
Photobucket
My "tandem master" was a German man named Pete, and we each had a photographer with us too, which was definately worth it. I almost didn't get the photographer, but let's just say sometimes giving in easily to peer pressure turns out to be a good thing.
Photobucket
Pretty sure the sketchiest part about this whole thing was the little plane that we flew up in.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Its kind of crazy how fast they do everything...a little 3 minute video, sign your life away on about 10 different pages saying that you could be injured or killed, and the next thing I knew I was on the edge of a plane being shoved out the door!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Oddly enough, it didn't freak me out as much as I thought it would. Don't get me wrong, the initial jump out of the plane is quite the rush, but the 45 seconds of free fall after that were actually quite relaxing...I just hung out, took in the scenery, and enjoyed the ride.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
...when that parachute goes...most uncomfortable feeling ever. Thank heaven I readjusted in my harness or I don't think I could have survived the 5 minute ride down.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I think everyone should try skydiving at least once...

10 comments :

  1. Uuh, no thanks. You're insane.

    (but I'm secretly jealous of your bravery)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok. this was the best post EVER.
    I laughed at all the pictures. They are AWESOME. (The photographer thing was a genius idea. Those pictures are so priceless.)
    Pete looks like way too much fun too.
    AMY YOU'RE AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I should be insanely jealous, or thanking my lucky stars it isn't me.

    AWSOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU are AWESOME!! I want to do that someday what a rush!!! LOVE all the pictures! cross that one off eh! you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy! This makes me want to go sky-diving again. Such a fun experience. I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun. i wish I was brave enough to do it. maybe someday...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have goosebumps just reading this.

    you are my hero.

    i honestly think i would pass out mid-air. 'cuz i'm a baby like that.

    Loved every. single. picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like so much fun! I'm so excited for you that you got to go. What a thrill. I definitely think it was worth the splurge. Who knows when you would get to do that again?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think i've looked at these pics about 10 times. I still LOVE them!! P.S how cool is it that we were both in Hawaii at the same time???

    ReplyDelete