MENU

Monday, January 18, 2010

The truth of the matter...

Is that I need a new job. For real. I mean, I know I'm pretty dang lucky to have anything these days, but I'm pretty sure that St. Joes is taking years off my life. My job is relatively easy, but did I go to school for 5 years so I can sit in Long Term Care with a bunch of old people, who, if their oxygen saturation drops to 55 (which is critical, by the way), I just have to sit there and make them comfortable because they want no medical intervention? Not exactly. I'm an "adrenaline junkie" (according to my dad), and well...Long Term Care doesn't really require alot of adrenaline.

The good news is, there are 3 emergency positions that are posted at the Grey Nuns Hospital. I'm definately applying (and don't get me wrong...I've also applied to about 100 other jobs by now), and hopefully with some luck and a good word put in by a friend who works there, I will spend less time walking around mindlessly, and more time actually using my brain at work.

1 comment :

  1. Because nothing says exciting like a bunch of Grey Nuns. :P Haha, just kidding. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete