MENU

Saturday, January 24, 2015

19 Weeks

I can't believe how fast time is FLYING by!  In some ways it feels like just yesterday that we found out I was pregnant, and yet, four days from now we will be half way!  I haven't been the greatest at documenting this ever growing bump, mostly because whenever I think to take a picture B is at school and I'm awkward at the whole selfie thing, but I'm determined to document at least the last half!

How far along are you: 19 weeks, 3 days

Baby is: roughly 6 inches long and about half a pound - about the size of a mango

Weight gain: 8-10 pounds, depending on the day.  I blame at least half of that on Christmas though :)

Movement: we could see tons of moving around on our ultrasound 2 weeks ago, but I haven't felt anything yet!

Maternity clothes: are my best friend.  I can still wear some of my pants, but maternity pants are just way too comfortable to not wear!  I've pretty much been wearing them since 11 weeks since anything even remotely tight around my belly made me nauseated.  Maternity shirts still drown me, but I'm slowly growing out of my regular shirts.  Its an awkward stage, I won't lie.

Stretch marks: none.  I had a false alarm when we went home for Christmas and my skin got SUPER dry.  Nothing some Aveeno lotion and coming back to the humidity can't fix!

Sleep: My other best friend.  I seriously average like 10 hours a night.  Minus the million times I have to get up to pee.

Favorite moment of the week: Finally finding a good doctor in Australia.  Such a relief!

Feeling: like a normal human being!  I didn't realize how bad first trimester was until I was out of it.  So I'm thoroughly enjoying second trimester while it lasts.

Working on: getting back into an exercise routine.  I had started a fitness program 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant and that pretty much went out the window as soon as I got sick.  Trying to be more consistent now that I have the energy for it.

Nursery: Its currently B's office until after his big exam in March, but after that I'm sure we'll do a little something to it.  We'll be moving home when the baby is 6 months old so the nursery may be our bedroom until then.

Currently craving: Nothing really.  I always wanted oranges and salt and vinegar chips in the first trimester but now I don't really crave much.  Except chocolate.  But that's nothing new...

Wishing: I could buy all the baby clothes!  Maybe its a good thing we're keeping the gender a surprise...

Anticipating: everything!  haha.  Mostly just meeting our little babe and finding out if its a boy or a girl!



 photo amy_zpsa89341cb.png

1 comment :

  1. Yay!! I am so happy you are only a few weeks ahead of me! So fun to read your update!

    ReplyDelete