MENU

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Moreton Island

Back in February we went for a little getaway with a few friends to Moreton Island.  Its an island about an hour offshore from Brisbane, and it is GORGEOUS! I'll let the pictures do most of the talking...

   
There are no roads on the island, so we borrowed a couple of four wheel drives to get around the island on.  Some worked better than others...
 
This water though...I thought I had died on gone to heaven.
The initial plan was for all of us to stay in these "glamping" tents (complete with a bathroom and flushing toilet!), but they didn't have enough available for the 7 of us.  So B and I took one for the team and let the prego ladies have the glamping sites while we tented it.  There's something about sleeping in a tent that I just love!
Our romantic Valentine's day photoshoot.  haha.
The next morning we drove up to one end of the island to do some exploring at Honeymoon Bay.  My favorite place ever.  Sadly I don't have many pics of it but if you come and visit I will show you myself!  (shameless plug for visitors?  maybe.)
Saturday morning we headed back down to the Tangalooma Wrecks to do some snorkelling.  Little did we know the massive current that would be there, and that we swam against it the whole time.  At least I got my workout?  haha.  But seriously, the snorkelling was so sweet!  The wrecks are made of 14 or so boats that were sunked intentionally to make an artificial reef.  And it is swarming with fish, sting rays, and apparently the occasional reef shark.  Well worth battling the current for!



 photo amy_zpsa89341cb.png


2 comments :

  1. So cool Amy! We definitely need to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are absolutely stunning!! It looks like heaven!

    ReplyDelete