MENU

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mornings.

I really wish I was a morning person. Like, REALLY. (I know, I know, maybe if I went to bed at a decent hour I would be...but apparently that is NOT possible for me to do!)

I came across this on Pintrest today:

tumblr_ljq80vBvky1qhg441o1_500
It's true. I mean, the way my alarm clock screams in my face every morning MUST be an outburst triggered by jealousy, right? And fair enough, my bed and I have a GREAT relationship. The memory foam, the 650 threadcount Egyptian cotton sheets, the feather duvet...its hard to compete with that.

Well, I've come up with a solution. The whole alarm thing just wasn't working, so I started leaving my iPod on the dock and this song wakes me up every morning now:



Don't tell me you wouldn't just be thrilled to get out of bed when you heard this song! Part of my excitement may or may not be due to my love for U2 (this decision came shortly after going to their concert a couple weeks ago...). But that's besides the point. I'm actually happy to wake up in the morning now. Heck, I've even started going for a run and showering BEFORE work. For those of you who know me well, you will know what a big deal that is, seeing how I used to get up 15 minutes before leaving the house!

Anyways, now I'm just rambling. Point is, I'm kinda maybe turning into a morning person? I'm going to give it a shot. Cuz I kinda like it.

3 comments :

  1. genius. I'm stealing your idea :) When I do get up early I am reminded of how much I love getting up early and enjoying the morning. It's just so dang hard to remember that when you are in such a comfy bed!

    PS I'm no longer going to Victoria so I will be home for the entire summer. We MUST get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that's an awesome quote! Since having a baby and being forced to be a morning person I must admit I am really loving it, I feel like I have so much more time in the day! Brock and I have come to terms that early to bed early to rise really is good! good luck! (on another note...enjoy those sleep in days before you have kids!!!)

    ReplyDelete