MENU

Thursday, October 14, 2010

So much to do, so little time...


When I was still in school, I could only dream of the day that I would be done so I could have all the spare time in the world to do whatever my little heart desired. Well, I've now been a university graduate for 9 months, and it just so turns out that life with a full-time career can be a tad busy, to say the least.

One day I will spend my day off sitting on the couch reading (it's this new thing I'm trying...and so far I even like it!). Or maybe I will bust out my grad present (my sewing machine) and make myself a new dress, or a quilt, or maybe even some throw pillows for my couch. Or go play the piano for hours, something I NEED to get back into. Or I could paint something on the blank canvas that is hiding in my storage room. Or maybe I will work on my domesticity by taking up cooking. Or work on my climbing technique at the wall that is a whole 3 minutes from my house.

I could go on for hours with things that I want to work on and accomplish, but that's not the point I'm trying to make. Point is, I'm grateful for the things I HAVE been able to accomplish. For a career and the opportunity to continue to learn and enhance my skills. I'm grateful for a small, yet successful photography business. And that I can live so close to my family and spend quality time with them. I'm grateful for opportunities to serve others and to share my talents with them, because I know that it helps me grow in return. I'm grateful for a healthy mind and body. And for a religion that stabilizes every aspect of my chaotic life.

And that's only the beginning, but you get the jist. I have it pretty good, and I really can't complain. I am privileged to associate with some of the highest quality individuals around. Sure, I would love it if there were 30 hours in a day, or if I could function on no sleep at all, but for now, I'll keep on "living the dream".

p.s...one day when I am not so busy, stay tuned for posts on the following:
- Fairmont roadtrip
- My Thanksgiving curse
- TED
- my extensive reading list
- another 101 down
...and many more! haha

-

1 comment :

  1. Ames have you started your job in Leth yet? You should be swimming in spare time without that long commute!!

    ReplyDelete