MENU

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sometimes it all works out.

Photobucket
I saw this quote on Shay's blog and LOVED it. In fact, I printed it and taped it next to my bed.

Those of you that read my blog regularly can probably appreciate how stressed out I have been about getting a job. Well, let's just say its funny how things work out sometimes....I have been graduated for about 3 months now and have quite literally applied for EVERY nursing job in Edmonton. I lost track at about 200 applications. And didn't hear a word. Well, a couple of weeks ago I went home for the weekend. I had a great time, and went to Elder Bednar's fireside in Lethbridge. He had alot of great insight, and it really made me sit back and think about my life and how I can improve. One of the points that he made that really hit me was that we don't always need to realize something is inspiration from the Lord to act on it. If we have a thought, we should just do it, and maybe we will realize that it was inspired and there was a reason to do it, and maybe we will never know. But we should act on it anyways.

Oddly enough, while I was home for the weekend I started thinking maybe I should start applying for jobs in Southern Alberta and consider moving down there. Bonnie and I pro/conned me moving down south, and it turns out there were SEVERAL pros, and very few cons. The more I thought about it, the better idea it became. So Monday morning I called up the Cardston Hospital to see if they were hiring. They had just hired 5 new grads and weren't really looking for yet ANOTHER new grad. But once I mentioned I had done my preceptorship in Canmore, she had me fax my resume anyways.

Monday: called the hospital.
Tuesday: faxed resume.
Wednesday: missed phone call from Cardston Hospital.
Thursday: called back Cardston Hospital, got offered a full-time position if I would commit to stay for a year.
Friday: called hospital back to let them know I would accept the position.

I usually make decisions based on what makes sense, rather than where I feel I should be, but in this case, I know Southern Alberta is where I'm supposed to be. It just worked out too perfectly for it to be any other way.

Ironically enough, since accepting the position, I've had 2 or 3 phone calls for interviews in Edmonton. Coincidence? Maybe...

Moral of the story? I'm moving home. Working full-time in Cardston. And I'm REALLY happy about it. (maybe one day in the near future I will blog my pro/con list...)

7 comments :

  1. Good for you Amy!
    My MIL's worked at the Cardston hospital for years - you'll like it!
    P.S. Do I dare say I'm excited you'll be down south?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. I'm excited for you to have a job... AND be in SoAB... especially for the summer.. you are gonna have a party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Amy!! I'm so excited that you are moving home. Do you think we could hang out sometime while you are here? I would really enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome Amy! I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amy congrats that is so exciting!! I know lots of people there you'll love it!! Plus we all still get to see you so that is exciting. things work out don't they!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me get this straight... you are here until April 2011? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps love the quote I might have to borrow it!

    ReplyDelete