MENU

Thursday, May 14, 2009

craziness.

I'm not going to lie, the past few days have been intense. When I signed up for summer school I figured it would be a piece of cake. I mean, how hard can it be, going to school until noon Mondays and Thursdays, until 2:30 on Tuesdays, and 4:00 on Thursdays, with no school Fridays, every week? Well let me tell you, I'm almost done my 2nd week of summer school and I've never been so busy in my life. HOW?!

Maybe its the fact that 8 of those hours every week I sit in a classroom with the most BORING teacher learning about nursing research and statistics. Yes, that's right, from 8 to noon Tuesdays and Thursdays I would probably rather shove needles into my nailbeds than sit in that painful class (I mean really, FOUR HOURS?)

Or maybe its the fact that I had a great idea last year to take philosophy from Athabasca through distance learning, and I'm still on chapter 1 after having my course materials for 3 and a half months.

Or maybe its the fact that I know I still have to finish another elective before September. Or the fact that I need to update my CPR and my mask fit so I don't end up with the swine flu.

Maybe the six papers I have to write for my one class has something to do with it? Or the fact that I have now decided not to leave things until the last minute and I want to get it all done at once.

Or maybe its the fact that I randomly decided I want to do my preceptorship in Banff this fall and I had to write a special request letter and submit references, plus get my forms in 2 weeks earlier than everyone else.

Did I mention the printer doesn't work in my apartment building? That did wonders for my stress levels.

Or maybe school has nothing to do with it. Maybe its the visiting teaching lists that have been haunting me, or knowing that we NEEDED to have a Relief Society Presidency meeting more than anything.

Maybe its the lack of sleep. Or the past hour and a half that I've spent responding to emails.

Whatever it is, I hope it goes away soon.

...on a more positive note, it feels good.

To have 3 papers down, 3 to go.
To have new visiting teaching routes done and emailed out.
To have had a productive presidency meeting.
To have my preceptorship forms and letter handed in.
To know my head is going to hit the pillow soon.
To have went for a run today.
To know I have a 3 week holiday in 29 days, and that Ashley's coming to visit!
To have made a million phone calls/emails that I've been meaning to forever.
To know that at this time tomorrow I'll be on my way here:

May long. Its so close I can taste it.

No comments :

Post a Comment